For now I'm writing tidbits about computer programming, the plan is to actually blog at some point in time.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

eSATA Express Card / eSATA Ext HD Enclosure and Leopard

I just had quite a nightmare after I got connected my new external hard drive enclosure to my macbook pro using an eSATA express card. Leopard kept on making on my macbook pro whenever I attempted to make any serious use of the external HD. Thank god it finally stopped crashing after reading many blogs entries and trying different drivers.

These are the hardware pieces:

- eSATA HD Enclosure
- Griffin eSATA Express Card
- Hard Drive

And this is the driver I ended up using:

- SiI3132_1.1.9u_Sil_Pkg

good thing is that the HD is fast fast fast!

1 comment:

mike said...

I've always loved the simplicity and versatility of apple products